Music Memories Tag

19.2.16


This post is the music memories tag which was inspired by a video that Zoe did with Sophie Eggleton the other day. As I'm not on YouTube i decided to put it up on here instead ! You should go and look at Zoe's video too if you've not seen it i really enjoyed it. Click here to watch Zoe's video ! Here is my attempt at the music memories tag.

1. My worst gig experience ? 
I can't think of a really bad thing that has happened at a gig before other than the time where i went to see Royal Blood and the people we were sat near filmed pretty much the entire gig and were also looking at their photos on their phone that i could see which wasn't pleasant but luckily i moved seats because there was a spare seat on the other side that didn't have anyone sat there but yeah that wasn't to great. 

2. A music video that blew my mind ? 
The one that blew my mind was probably the video for 'True Friends' by Bring Me The Horizon theres just something so gripping about the video and i can remember when i watched it for the first time i pretty much stopped breathing because of how intense the video is. Its a good video , a bit creepy in places but its one of those videos where at the end of it you find yourself hiding behind a pillow. 

3. A gig that made me loose my sh*t ?
Not so much a gig but i saw Biffy Clyro at Isle of Wight Festival a few years ago and oh my goodness they are one of the best bands i have seen live. I missed them in 2012 but to see them headline was just amazing. They have been one of my favourite bands for a long time but if you've not seen them live then you need to even if your not a massive fan of them they are just so good live. I can remember going absolutely crazy when they played 'Mountains' i think i even lost my voice from screaming so loud.

4. The band i wish i could join ?
It would probably have to be All Time Low as their shows are just bonkers and it looks like they have a great time onstage too minus the bras being thrown at the stage and the rather interesting things that Jack Barakat comes out with onstage which is a bit odd or maybe Bruno Mars' band as they are constantly dancing the whole time they are onstage and it looks like they all have a lot of fun too. 

5. A song that reminds me of a friend or family member ? 
Im going to say Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy reminds me of my mum for one reason only and that reason being is that she doesn't shut up singing it around the house which is rather amusing and Bangarang by Skrillex reminds me of my younger brother when he was going through a phase of constantly playing this song around the house to the point where you wouldn't want to hear the song ever again.

6. Best gig ever ?
This is such a difficult question ! but it has to be Fleetwood Mac at last years Isle of Wight Festival. it was one of the best nights of my life and definitely a band that i have wanted to see for as long as i can remember so to finally see them was literally a dream come true. I basically cried a lot and danced around it was amazing and something i will never forget. 

7. The last song i listened to ? 
The last song i listened to was 'Without You' by Oh Wonder and if you are yet to hear Oh Wonder then what have you been doing with yourself. They are definitely one of those bands that you can listen to if your out and about , doing work or before you go to sleep. They're music is so peaceful and relaxing its great if your stressed out and need to de-stress.

8. A song that sums me up ?
Dancing on the Ceiling by Lionel Richie. Yup that is right you heard it. This song is just a classic song that makes you want to dance about and its Lionel Richie so you can't really go wrong with this song at all. This song just makes me really happy to even if it is a bit on the cheesy side and not something you would find me listening to but surprise I'm a fan of Lionel Richie. 

9. What musical era do i wish i was around in ?
I'd say the 60s because thats when the first ever Isle of Wight Festivals really happened and the line ups back around that time were pretty cool. I think my grandparents attended that too which is cool too. But the 60s was an era with loads of cool bands such as Jefferson Airplane , Jimi Hendrix and The Who.

10. A surprising music related fact about me ?
I was once on the TV with Clean Bandit a few years ago for Radio 1's Seize Summer campaign which was aired on BBC Three throughout a few weeks in the summer and it was one of the strangest experiences of my life. It involved me holding a micro pig whilst being sat on top of a white grand piano on a deck chair in front of scott mills. It was just a weird day that when i was at sixth form everyone went nuts about it so that was fun.


That was the music memories tag which is a slightly different post to what i have done before but i enjoyed writing this post a lot ! 

Speak Soon , 
Chloe 
:) x 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I saw this retweeted by Zoe and I thought I'd check it out!
    I'm so jealous that you got to see Biffy Clyro, they're my favourite band!!
    You actually inspired me to write my own music memories, so thank you!! x
    (someteenagedirtbag.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you ever get the chance to see them live they are amazing ! and cool shall have to read that when you post it !!

      Delete

Subscribe