Muse

15.4.16

 
Venue : The O2 Arena , London 
Support : Phantogram 


I can't remember when we got the tickets for Muse but as far as I'm aware we had the tickets for a while. Tuesday 12th April 2016 i went to see the band I've been listening to since i was 9 years old. I remember the first song i ever heard by Muse was 'Starlight', I had no idea who the band was until my mum started playing an album called Black Holes and Revelations. Basically what I'm trying to say is that getting to see muse after liking them for so long was a dream come true as cheesy that may sound but its true ! I love the O2. I've only been their twice now but honestly i actually really like the venue. I tend to get really nervous when going to larger venues like the o2 but i really felt really calm and relaxed so i was super happy with myself for staying so calm. Before the gig started we went to que up in the O2 priority lounge. If your an O2 customer i really recommend using the priority lounge instead of waiting about in the que to go in before the doors open. There was a bar and a lot of comfy seats to chill out in before going inside the arena.




When we were let into the arena we found our seats which were actually really good seats much to our surprise. There was a band playing who i can't remember the name of but i found that they were trying to hard to sound like Muse. They even started singing one of their songs which is an obvious no no in my books. Just don't cover the band that your supporting and you'll be fine. That band were ok though and were very brave to be stepping out on an arena stage in front of a fair few people. The next support was the main support for Muse. It was a band called Phantogram. Now their music to me sounded all very the same. I liked them but i feel like their sound was lacking in sound variety. The vocalist of the band was female (wahoo for female fronted bands) and her vocal ability was insane. She had a very good voice and very cool hair that reminded me of Curella De Ville which is one of my favourite disney villains so i had serious hair envy. 

Then it was time for Muse to take to the stage and yes i cried. They had these creepy robot people wonder out and walked around the ground by the stage whilst the song drones played. The next thing i know Muse are bursting out on to the stage playing some of their biggest and best songs ever. I think if you ever get the opportunity to see Muse then i would 100% advise you to see them. Absolutely incredible live. Things that happened included : Matt Bellamy skipping around the stage (like proper skipping it was great) , massive flying drone thing that crashed on loads of people who were standing , someone in a tiger onesie having the time of their life and the people who were sat next to me who must of been in there 70s maybe a little bit younger having a great time. There were a few older people there which i thought was amazing to see that they like Muse which is also pretty cool. 

They're stage was smack bang in the middle of the floor instead of having a stage at the back of the arena like normal. One thing that was irritating about this was that they had these curtain screen things that came down and had projections on them that because of the angle we were sat at we couldn't see what was on the screens which was annoying but we still had a pretty good view anyway as we were the side that Matt's piano rose up from the stage so we could see that ! As the gig came to an end there was a load of confetti that shot out from the top of the O2 which looked amazing ! It was definitely worth the trip up to London and getting home at 4am for sure. I would recommend seeing Muse mainly because of the production that goes into their tours is insane. My top 3 favourite songs that they played were 'Plug In Baby' , 'Time Is Running Out' and 'Knights of Cydonia'. 

If your lucky enough to catch them on other dates or at a festival in the summer then i am extremely jealous of you because i could easily watch them perform over and over again ! By far one of my favourite gigs and venues i've been to. 
If you've been to see any gigs at the O2 arena which was your favourite one ?


Speak soon , 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I went to see Muse at The O2 the other day! They were great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to see Muse at The O2 the other day! They were great :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe