The Sunday Mixtape's Vol 1

21.5.17

Introducing the Sunday Mixtape's. I'm planning on doing these once a month I think depending on how often I can keep them up. They're essentially going to be posts where I chat about whats been going on in my life and the stuff I've been listening to recently. I've really been getting into flat lay photography recently and I feel like a 'real blogger' all of a sudden. I mean theres no such thing as a 'real blogger' in my eyes anyway but normally I don't bother with flat lays because I couldn't be bothered with it but its actually a good way to be creative if I don't want to write anything. 

Next week the festival season officially kicks off in the UK. Common People is happening in Oxford and Southampton and if your going then please have fun and stay safe. Now I was actually supposed to be doing press for Common People and interviewing bands for it but I decided to give it a miss. You might be thinking I'm loosing the plot turning down something I've been wanting to do for ages but it just didn't feel like the right time I guess especially with my anxiety , I didn't want that to ruin anything. I was proper excited about it but everything happens for a reason , however I'm heading to Isle of Wight Festival in a few weeks time and I'm so excited ! There will be a post about the Isle of Wight Festival line up coming soon. 

Lets talk Eurovision ! Ok now if you don't like Eurovision then thats cool you don't have to like it but I am that person in my family who literally lives for Eurovision , it's pretty much christmas for really shitty pop songs that are cheesier than cheesy pasta. The highlights of this year's Eurovision for me had to be  Verka , the man who flashed his butt purely because it was hilarious , the UK scoring more than 15 points and the return of epic sax guy. I'm glad Portugal won for the first time after 53 years too ! 

The Sunday mixtape is a collection of songs that I've been listening recently along with songs that I think are perfect for a Sunday. I like to think I have a good taste in music but I probably don't as its very mixed but I guess that also counts as a good thing right ? I also like sharing new discoveries so if your looking for something new then you've come to the right place. 

2.Her's - Marcel
3.Superfood - I Can't See 
4.Morrisey - Suedehead
5.FOURS - Stella
6.Puppy - The Great Beyond 
7.Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon
8.Carole King - It's Too Late
9.Kid Astray - Fall To My Knees
10.Paramore - Rose Colored Boy
11.KYKO - Dive In
12. A Blaze of Feather - Bold
14.Maggie Rogers - Alaska (Acoustic)
15.alt-j - 3WW
16.KWAYE - Cool Kids
17.Band Of Skulls - So Good
18.Glass Animals - Pools
19.Mosa Wild - Smoke
20.The 1975 - Head.Cars.Bending

My blog might be getting very festival heavy within the next few weeks as I have a bunch of line up posts planned ranging from local events to ones that i'll never get too because they're too far away. I don't know if its just me but I have a bucket list of all the festivals I want to one day go to. Latitude , Barn on the Farm , Leefest and Rock Werchter are all on my bucket list for sure. Its probably really sad that I do have a list of festivals I want to go to but I think where I have a huge interest in festivals I just want to go to them all.

I just realised how festival themed this post got and I'm not sorry about it. You may have noticed I haven't really posted much this month on here. The reason is because I literally couldn't be bothered. I know I sound like a lazy cow but thats because I am. To be fair I have been up to my eyeballs in festival posts as they do literally takeover my life. That was the first edition of the Sunday mixtape's ! Like I said I have no idea if this will even be a thing i'll keep up because we all know how well sound of the month went. Have a nice rest of Sunday and heres to a fun week. 
Speak soon , 
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this idea! I might have to start doing music posts similar to this one.

    So many festivals are on my bucket list too! I've actually never been to one but I would love to go to latitude

    Www.positively-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe