Will Joseph Cook - Interview

1.9.17

photo of Will taken by myself
Last weekend I went to check out Victorious Festival over in Southsea , Portsmouth and I had a great time. Whilst there I got to chat to Will Joseph Cook about his debut album , this years festival season , his performance that he was doing on Saturday and the Premier Inn. 

C - Hows the festival circuit been this year because I can imagine its been quite crazy since the release of your album ?

WJC - It's been good , it's been the busiest one yet for sure. This weekend is probably going to top it I reckon because we've done leeds yesterday (Friday) , Victorious (Saturday) and then Reading tomorrow (Sunday). 

C- How was Leeds Yesterday (Friday) ? 

WJC - It was good I love that place. Leeds is always a good vibe. It's the 2nd biggest amount of fans in the UK for me so its a good town. 

C - So how has it been since the release of Sweet Dreamer 

WJC - The whole process of the album was pretty creatively satisfying. I got to put it out exactly after I made it which was great as I know a lot of bands have to hang on for a while. I mean it's always been a music first project , I'm a songwriter so I need for it to come out and it just feels right. 

C - Your going on tour in October , how you feeling about going on Tour ? 

WJC - We're doing a bunch of places we've never been to before. It's like Bedford , Edninbrough and bath , places like smaller cities we didn't do on the last tour. The London show is going to be mad , Its like the biggest show we've ever done.  

C - I saw a tweet your wrote about staying in the Premier Inn and the Travel Lodge , which is better the Travel Lodge or the Premier Inn ?

WJC - We had a great nights sleep. the Premier inn is just the upgrade so we've just stayed in a premier inn not to far because all the hotels are booked up for victorious festival. That is the high life , its way better. 

C - Are you recording any new music or demo-ing anything ? 

WJC - Like I said , I'm always writing and I have a home set up now so I'm doing lots of demos. Theres 40 demos at the moment , I took one into a proper studio just this week so there is a new track about. There is a bunch of stuff that I put online and I put little clips of stuff so people are aware of some shit that I'm doing. I want to hopefully get it out before next tour , I think that would be sweet , I just want to keep hitting up with new music pretty soon and thats pretty exciting. 

WJC - How do you feel about playing the castle stage later ? 
It's a pretty obnoxiously big stage for us. For a second stage I think so but the whole festival is bigger than I remember it. It's going to be sick.

C - Have you got a favourite song off of Sweet Dreamer or do you like them all equally ? 

WJC - I guess theres certain songs for certain reasons but I quite like Hands as its rather cool plus its in the middle of the album. It's the only one thats not like a pop song so I guess it was a nice breathing space for the rest of the tunes. It was quite a personal process with my production on it as well so it felt good. 

Thank you to Will for letting me chat to him at Victorious Festival last weekend. If you want to get tickets to see Will on tour in October they are on sale now and Will's debut album Sweet Dreamer is out now too so if you want to listen to that you can ! 
Speak soon , 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe