My Top 10 Songs Of 2015

30.12.15



This year has been one of the best years for music but i think 2016 is going to be even bigger. As i'm such a huge music fan it seems right to write about my favourite songs of the past year ! In no particular order here are just a few of my favourite ones i have enjoyed this year. 

1. Wolf Alice - You're a Germ
I think Wolf Alice have done stupidly well for themselves this year and they will probably go on to do even better in 2016. Their album 'My Love Is Cool' was one of my most listened to of this year as its such an amazing album. The songs on the album are all so different yet they all compliment each other for all the right reasons as they are all so unique and different.

2. Young Guns - I Want Out 
It was only this year i had ever really heard of Young Guns believe it or not. After loads of people going crazy about them i decided to give them a listen. They are so good i can't really believe i hadn't heard of them until this year ! The band released a new album this year called 'Ones and Zeros' and every song on this album just sounds huge. It was really hard to choose one song that i liked from this album but 'I Want Out' is the one i listen to the most and i think it might be one of my favourite ever Young Guns songs yet !

3. We Are The Ocean - Holy Fire 
Ok this song is dramatic and just amazing. We Are The Ocean have had a rather good year i think. They released a new album called 'Ark' and every single song on it sounds amazing. My favourite song from the album has to be 'Holy Fire'. It just sounds huge it could easily be played in a huge venue and sound more dramatic and incredible. It is a very good song from a very good album !

4. Bring Me The Horizon - True Friends
Thats the spirit is easily one of my favourite albums from this year as i could listen to it so many times and not get bored. All of the songs on this album are equally as good as each other however i think 'True Friends' has to be the one i really think is one of the best songs on the album. I think there is something about this song that i really like i think it could be the lyrics because they are so interesting.

5. Nothing But Thieves - Ban All The Music 
I found out about these in November last year now look at them ! I think Ban All The Music is where these went from being small to a rather large amount of people knowing about them due to the song being aired on the radio. Conor's voice is like a cross between Matt Bellamy from Muse and Jeff Buckley its insane ! Ban All The Music is definitely one of my favourite songs from this year. 

6. Mumford and Sons - The Wolf 
This song is something i'd never really expect from Mumford and Sons at all. For them its much more heavier than other songs they have done in the past but with this new album the ditched the banjo for a more rockier sound. I honestly think it works. The Wolf is on this list because its a rather fab song and i was very happy when Mumford and Sons came back with new music. 

7. Of Monsters and Men - I Of The Storm
I have to say with not having released any new material since 2012 it has definitely been worth the wait. 'I Of The Storm' gave me goosebumps the first time i heard it. I remember being obsessed with their first album and i think i really need to listen to their newest album 'Beneath The Skin' a lot more because i've hardly listened to it since its been out. All the songs on the album are so calming and beautifully written its perfect to chill to. 

8. Sunset Sons - On The Road
If your making a road trip playlist and need a song i think I've found it. This is the perfect song to listen to if your on a road trip or driving out and about. It also screams summer so its perfect for summer road trips really. I found out about sunset sons around this year or maybe last year i think but they've had a pretty good year. They supported Imagine Dragons on tour and they are supporting them again next year on some european dates. This song was released in November but I'm going to save it for the summer to listen to if I'm travelling anywhere on the mainland. Im also very excited for their debut album !

9. Don Broco - Automatic 
One word for this song : Banger. Need i say anymore to be honest other than that this was my song of summer 2015 and that their 2nd album is great. Seriously though this band are great and their songs are great and i really need to see them live at some point in the new year ! Automatic = the definition of summer 2015.

10.  The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face
Here we have probably one of the biggest songs of 2015. In the summer this was literally everywhere i think its mainly because of how great the chorus is or the fact that its just a great song. This was one i found myself listening to repeatedly in the summer after trying to avoid this song because of how many people were listening to it and saying how they couldn't stop because it was very catchy. Its very different to what i would normally find myself listening to but i really liked this one even though it's not my usual thing.
  
Lots of exciting things happening next year , lots of new albums to look forward to and the festival season ! Those were my 10 favourite songs from this year that i have listened to a lot. Sorry i haven't really posted much this month hopefully in the new year i will have lots more to talk about ! 

Speak soon
 Happy new year !
Chloe 
:) x 






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love True Friends by BMTH, it's one of my faves from the album!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe