Album Review : Coasts

25.1.16



 If you have been reading my blog for a while you'll probably know that i really like a band called Coasts. On Friday they released their self titled debut album. Considering i have been listening to Coasts since 2013 I'm impressed with what they have managed to achieve since then. I first heard 'Oceans' until i discovered loads of other songs after hearing that song. The majority of songs on the album i had already heard as they had been posted online a while ago before the album was released. Coasts are from Bristol and all met at university. Since then their songs have been on 'Made In Chelsea' and they have played major festivals such as Coachella and Glastonbury. If you've not seen them live then you need to because they are incredible. I saw them at IOW Festival last year and they were by far one of my favourite acts of the weekend.

This album is what i can only describe as moreish purely because you can't listen to it just once. Its not been out long and I've probably spent everyday listening to it on repeat. I have missed not being able to listen to some of the songs such as 'Lions' , 'Wallow' and 'Your Soul' which are probably my favourite songs by the band. I really like how this album reminds me of the summer and the beach. I know its weird that an album can remind me of a beach but its such a gorgeous album. There is such a big contrast between some of the songs. From the ever so popular 'Oceans' to the chilled out sounds of 'As Long As I Need You' the album has a really great variety which always good. 


This is probably one of my favourite albums that has been released this month. I can't wait to see what happens next for the band as they are going to be rather successful in the future especially after the album ! If you've not listened to it you can buy it from iTunes or stream it on Spotify or other places of streaming choice ! You can also buy this on vinyl or CD if you would rather have a physical copy. They are also touring around Europe and are playing a show at the Roundhouse in Camden if you wish to catch them live. 

Speak soon , 
Chloe 
:) x 


 Listen to the album on Spotify : 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe