3 Songs For August

1.9.16


We are finally reaching the autumn months and i am so excited ! I hate summer with a passion because i hate all things to do with the sun , warmth and heat. Basically i just hate hot weather. It was also my birthday and i turned 19. I had a really nice birthday which involved going shopping to southampton with my mum and watching Ghostbusters 2 in the evening. A nice present was waking up to a new lower than atlantis song which is included in here so with out further ramblings here are my 3 songs for August. 


1. Lower Than Atlantis - Work For It 
The last song they released was get over it which was released last year. They recently played the main stage at this years reading and leeds. They never seem to release a bad song every song they release is incredible. They've completely out done themselves with work for it. Just everything about this song couldn't get any better if they tried. I don't know how many times i have listened to this but its insanely good and i can't wait for them to release more music soon. 

2. Kaiser Chiefs - Hole In My Soul 
Now I'm really happy that there is new music from these guys as i've loved their music for years. They have really had a bit of a sound change but i think having a fresh sound for a band that have been going on for so long can be really tough to do but i think they have nailed it. I really loved the last song they released from the new album which was parachute. I was really surprised when i did hear parachute but it was a nice surprise. I really hope i get to see them on tour next year as I've wanted to see them for years. I think was a good move for them and i think the new sound that they've created sounds great. 

3. Metallica - Hardwired 
When i had heard that Metallica had dropped a new song and a date for a new album i screamed. They haven't released anything for a while so new material from them makes me super happy. I think this is one of those songs you'll either love or hate. I'm so happy they are releasing a new album and I'm excited to hear it after loving hardwired. For people in their 50s they are still coming out with some proper incredible music which sticks to their recognisable heavy sound that Metallica are known for. 

So this month is actually a rather exciting one I suppose ! I'm hosting a few blogger chats over Twitter so make sure your following me over there. I'm also going to bestival next week so expect a few bestival related posts within the next few weeks. I'm also dying my hair which will probably gets its own post too. Songs that didn't make it into this months 3 songs as it was once again pretty difficult to choose but i will name the few songs that didn't make it into this months 3 songs for August ! 
Young Guns - Echoes 
Twin Atlantic - The Chaser 
Saint Motel - Move 
The Courtneers - The 17th 
Speak soon , 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe