3 Songs For September

30.9.16

September has been a bizarre month to say the least. Festival season is over and of course i suffered from a bit of post festival blues the day after bestival. I could not stop crying. I am a complete cry baby but i don't know why i couldn't stop feeling all sad and emotional. It was probably down to the fact i saw Bastille for the 2nd time since the first time i saw them which was 4 years ago. September has been another huge month for new releases thats for sure. September saw new albums from Bastille , Twin Atlantic and debut albums from Izzy Bizu ,Billie Marten and Petite Meller. There were also some pretty good songs that came out too so if your wondering which 3 have been my favourites this month then you'll want to read the rest of this post. 

1. Wiley - Can't Go Wrong 
Since seeing Skepta and Lady Leshurr at Bestival I've really been loving listening to a lot more grime and rap. Ive never been a huge fan of grime and rap because my brother likes to try and rap along to the songs which is annoying and a bit off putting. Can't go wrong also happens to name drop Skepta and BBK (boy better know) which happens to be the label that wiley is currently signed to. I was a bit surprised when i found myself really enjoying this song but it's definitely one I've been enjoying throughout September. 

Will Joseph Cook - Sweet Dreamer 
I mentioned Will in my smaller bands and artists post. He is definitely one to watch for sure. This song follows up from his last single which was called take me dancing which was pretty good but sweet dreamer is on another level. This song makes me feel all happy and i want to prance around like an idiot whenever i hear this song. If you think Will is for you then you really need to give sweet dreamer a listen. 

Tessa Violet - Dream 
The video for this is beautiful. Ive never seen a video so beautiful in all my life. Tessa is a youtuber posts a lot of videos of her singing original songs and covers. Dream has to be one of my favourite songs to come out of this year for sure. I had only heard of Tessa this year thanks to dodie clark who went on tour with her around america. She's also done the most insane cover of Polarise by Twenty One Pilots too which i suggest giving a listen as its so good. 

Well there you have it. Septembers 3 songs post is a bit different than the rest i suppose as yes I've dragged my love of grime into the mix which is ok. There are only 3 more of these posts to go and i don't think i'll be doing the 3 songs for thing next year just because i want to change things up a bit i suppose. If you haven't given the songs i have mentioned a listen i suggest you do as they're all pretty good. 
Speak soon , 
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe