January Favourites

30.1.17


I'm being really original and I'm doing a favourites post because I've not done one for a while and I thought it would be nice to do one for January. January has been a weird month but then again when isn't there a weird month. I went to see Jack Whitehall who was absolutely hilarious and Black Sabbath who were insane. So here are some things that I've been liking this month. 

Kicking off with albums I've been listening to this month. Last year a band called Waterparks released an album and since then I've listened to it non stop. They are actually supporting All Time Low on their UK tour in march which is pretty exciting stuff. If you like All Time Low then i can guarantee you'll possibly like these. My favourite songs from the album have to be Stupid For You , Gloom Boys , Little Violence and Hawaii (Stay Awake). Another album that I have been loving this month is the new Deaf Havana album. I was very late to the party with Deaf Havana but I don't see any problem with that. All These Countless Nights is a must listen to if your into bands like Mallory Knox and Twin Atlantic as they have a similar sound to them. This is the 4th album from Deaf Havana and it really shows progression , experimentation with sound and development. My favourite songs from All These Countless Nights are England , Trigger , Sing and Pretty Low. 

I have a film favourite for this month that I could talk about for ages and no its not La La Land because I really didn't like La La Land. I absolutely loved Sing Street. I've wanted to watch since they released the trailer but I think they were only showing it in ireland because its an irish film. The film is set in the 80s when new bands were emerging into the music scene. Connor , a teenage boy who is going through rough times in his family is forced to attend a new school as his parents can't afford to keep him in his last school. When walking out of school one day he spots a girl called Raphina. To impress her he forms a band but can he win her over ? What I loved about sing street was that it wasn't a happy romantic film with a bit of comedy thrown into the mix , it showed emotion and did have a few scenes that were pretty difficult to watch at times but overall its a film that I've fallen head over heals for. At the time of writing this I watched it 3 times in one week because I loved it so much. If you like Once and Begin Again you'll possibly like this because the same director who directed those films also directed sing street. 

Ok I've never added a book into a favourites before but I recently finished reading Bloom by Estee Lalonde and I absolutely loved it. I think there will be a more detailed post about it soon but if your into lifestyle books then this is something you need to look into buying. I brought this book when it was released and I've only just finished reading it because I am a ridiculously slow reader. 

Songs I've been liking this month include :
The Girl Talk - Medicine 
Hippo Campus - Violet 
Maggie Rogers - On + Off 
Counterfeit - For The Thrill Of It 
Mallory Knox - Better Off Without You
Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill 
Dan Croll - Away From Today 
Deaf Havana - Feaver 
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - Vampires 
As It Is - Hey Rachel 
Circa Waves - Fire That Burns 
Aquilo - You Don't Know Where You Stand
LANY - ILYSB
Maggie Rogers - Dog Years 
Rag n Bone Man - Skin 
One Ok Rock - Bedroom Warfare 

Speak soon , 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've been wanting to read Bloom for a while so maybe I should go pick it up!I'm so glad I discovered your blog; it's gorgeous! x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe