Black Sabbath

5.2.17


Venue - O2 Arena 
Support - Rival Sons 

On Sunday 29th January I went to London with my grandad , mum and uncle to see Black Sabbath on their final tour. It was definitely worth getting home at 4am thats for sure. My uncle brought the tickets back in the summer of last year so we had had the tickets for a long time. I decided to tag along because I knew i'd be really annoyed with myself if I didn't go and see Black Sabbath on their last tour that they'd be doing. Despite feeling really travel sick and icky throughout the day I really enjoyed the gig. 



The support came from an American band called Rival Sons. My uncle had seen them before and I had listened to them a few times before the gig so I knew what they were going to be like. Now I personally thought they were ok however the majority of their songs sounded very same-y but Rival Sons were a good choice for a support act for Black Sabbath. They walked onstage to the main theme from the film The Good , The Bad and the Ugly which was a pretty epic song to walk onstage to. Then it was time for the mighty Black Sabbath to take the stage. A video of a egg which then a deathly screech erupted as the devil broke out of its egg. It scared the living crap out of me thats for sure. As that finished Ozzy , Tony and Geezer all walked onstage and at that point the crowd broke out into a cheer that bounced off of the O2 at lightning speed. I can't remember what they opened with because the evening was such a blur. 


There were a few people that I noticed that were getting into it so much that they started doing air guitar. The two blokes behind me were getting into it so much that it made me really happy to see them having a great time. Besides the air guitar there was also a lads outing of men who were probably in their 50s who were hilarious. Black Sabbath played a lot of their older material with a few songs that everyone knows such as Children of the Grave , War Pigs, Iron Man and Paranoid. One thing that I really didn't like about the gig was the forum solo plonked in the middle that went on for 10 minutes or maybe longer. Like we get it you can play the drums to a great level but it was so bloody loud I thought my head was going to explode off.There was confetti that said Black Sabbath on it and crap tonne of giant black and purple balloons that fell from the ceiling of the O2. 




Like I said we didn't get back to the island until 4am because the last boat from Portsmouth was at 3am which is always fun. I feel massively lucky to have gotten to see Black Sabbath before they stop touring. Me and my grandad used to listen to Sabbath albums in the car when I used to go with him to pick my grandma up from work when I was a kid so it was nice to able to see them with him along with my mum and uncle. Ive never been to a gig with my uncle before so it was nice to be able to see him as he doesn't live near by. Overall it was an incredible gig and i had a great time despite feeling icky. 
Speak soon , 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe