Sound Of The Month - April

29.4.18

Ok so this months is pretty song heavy and I'm not sorry about it. I've been listening to a lot of film soundtracks mostly throughout this month including Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name. I also made a playlist dedicated songs that are featured in films by Wes Anderson. This months been pretty chill and i've not really done much but I found out that I'm going to see Hamilton. Hamilton got booked months ago and I was only told recently that I'd be going to see it so I can't wait to finally see that one ! This month doesn't feature anything  from Hamilton related for a change but it does feature a few musical songs , an 80's song and a bunch of other great songs.

Carrie Hope Fletcher - Journey To The Past 
I may have done a little cry when I found out that Carrie would be releasing her first ever album. I've been watching Carrie's youtube channel for a long time now , 2013 I think is when I first started watching her videos. I got the chance to see Carrie perform as Wednesday Addams in the Addams Family the Musical last year and oh my god it was one of the most special moments ever. Journey To The Past is from the musical Anastasia and I absolutely adore Carrie's take on this so much. It's fun , bouncy and the final note at the end of the song made me break out into an applause. If your a fan of the theatre and all things musical then I highly recommend giving Carrie's album a listen.

Redbone - Come and Get Your Love 
I've been listening to old music again and I've become obsessed with the guardians of the galaxy soundtrack just a tiny bit. I can't remember what playlist I was looking through and came across this. I instantly remembered where had heard it from and I haven't stopped listening to this since. I love a lot of older music so I had to include this one this months post. 

AURORA - Queendom 
My favourite warrior forest fairy queen is back with new music. I love Aurora and I actually haven't listened to her music in a long time. Queendom is more bouncy than her last lot of music from her first album. It's light , whimsical and there is something just so magical about this song that makes you think that fairies are real , dragons exist and unicorns are real too. I also absolutely love the artwork for the single too. 

Bleachers - Alfie's Song (Not So Typical Love Song)
I should probably go and watch that film at some point because it really sounds like my sort of film. Jack is an excellent songwriter and I really like this song a lot. It's something that I will listen to if I'm needing waking up and needing to make me feel happy. It's my new happy song for sure. This song also happens to be one of three songs that Jack Antnoff has done for the soundtrack for the film Love , Simon

Troye Sivan - Strawberries & Cigarrettes
This is also another song from the Love, Simon soundtrack. I've really been loving my film soundtracks this month. The new music from Troye is just great and this might be my favourite out of the three songs he's released this year. I still love my,my,my but there is something about strawberries and cigarettes that just makes me want to hear more new music from Troye. 

The Frateillis - Star-crossed Losers
The last time I probably listened to these was in the car a couple of months ago as we have Costello Music in our car. I completely forgot that they'd released a new album. I know they released a new song last year but I literally have not stopped listening to star-crossed losers since I came across the video for the song on Youtube. 

King Princess - 1950 
I am so late to the party with King Princess. I think it was back in either march or February when everyone lost their shit over 1950 thanks to Harry Styles. I recently came across the song again and gave it a proper listen and now I can't stop. This song has had what I call the Pringles effect on me. Once I start listening to this song , I can't stop. Sophie also released a new song called Talia which is also really cool too. 

Florence + The Machine - Sky Full Of Song
FLO IS BACK EVERYONE. Not going to lie , I lost my shit when the rumours started going around that there would be new Florence + The Machine music coming out this month. I adore Florence so much and this song is just so gorgeous. I just love this song very much and was really surprised that we got such a beautiful song from Flo. I can't wait to hear the new album because if all the songs are just as good as Sky Full of song then GIVE ME NEW FLO NOW.

The Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way
The soundtrack for Call Me By Your Name is great and features a few songs from the 80s and a bit of classical music in there which I seem to be finding myself listening to a lot more of . I also haven't seen the film but I've been listening to the audiobook which is actually read by Armie Hammer. I love 80s music so much and I think this is the most 80s song I have ever heard. 

Sufjan Stevens - Visions of Gideon 
This song breaks my heart. It's honestly the most beautiful thing I've listened to , like ever. Words really can't describe how much I love this song even though its just so heartbreaking. I've listened to it so many times now yet every single time I listen to it , it feels like my heart is going to shatter into a million tiny pieces and this is coming from someone whose never been in a relationship to experience heartbreak. Well I've now experienced heartbreak because of this song. Also yes this is also from Call Me By Your Name.

Eliza and the Bear - Real Friends 
I am so excited that Eliza and the Bear are back with new music ! I saw them live a couple of years ago now and I really hope I can get to see them again soon. With the warm weather we had this song couldn't have come at a better time as its a proper summer tune. 

Barrett Wilbert Reed - I'd Rather Be Me
A musical version of Mean Girls recently opened on Broadway and because of this they released I'd Rather Be Me which is sung by Barrett Wilbert Weed who happens to play Janice Iain in the show. I'd rather be me is sung at the point where all the girls are going crazy and Janice decides that she'd rather be herself than get involved with all the cattiness that is happening at this point. Barrett played Veronica Swayer in Heathers the Musical when it opened off of broadway a few years ago. I absolutely love this song and I've listened to it so many times now that its gone on my list of favourite songs from a musical. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe