My Top 5 Pop Punk/Rock Albums

8.6.16

I have to admit i really love a bit of pop punk and a bit of rock. I'll admit that there are some rather brilliant pop punk bands out there. I have a few favourite pop punk and rock albums that i wanted to talk about because i just wanted to mention them on here as i don't think i talk about albums enough. Some are classic pop punk albums and some are more recent. In no particular order these are my top 5 pop punk and rock albums !

1. Neck Deep - Life's Not Out To Get You
Released a few days before my birthday I hadn't really heard of Neck Deep until the summer last year and thats when i knew that my obsession for all things pop punk had grown majorly out of hand. There is something about this album that just sums up pop punk as whole. To be fair everything about this album is just nostalgic in a way as they've really kept to the original pop punk roots that i know and love. From the ever so upbeat and catchy 'Gold Steps' to the rather acoustic sounding 'December' shows a bit more slow side of the album which is always a good thing if there is variety in an album ! My favourite song from the album has to be Citizens Of Earth which is the first song on the album. 

2. As It Is - Never Happy , Ever After 
Ok so if you haven't heard of these guys then where have you been. I first discovered As It Is last year when they released a song called 'dial tones' and thats when i knew that i would probably like these. They've now gone on to re-release their debut album 'Never Happy , Ever After' as a deluxe edition with a new song and a few acoustic versions of some of the songs on the album. The band are from Brighton and signed to fearless records in 2014. I think my favourite songs from the album has to be 'Turn Back To Me' and Silence (Pretending's So Comfortable). 

3. One Ok Rock - 35xxxv
This one isn't exactly pop punk its more of pop/rock album but i can't help but mention this one as its such an incredible album. It is one of my all time favourites especially for someone who listens to a lot of songs and albums that are this sort of genre. One Ok Rock are from Japan and i think they're really underrated over in the uk so if you're not aware of them you really need to give this album a listen ! My favourite songs from this album are - Mighty Long Fall , One By One , Last Dance and Decision which features Tyler Carter from Issues. 

4. Against The Current - In Our Bones 
In Our Bones came out last month and i've been waiting for this to come out for a while so when they released the details of when the album was going to be released i was so excited. Against The Current are Chrissy (vocals) , Dan (guitar) and Will (drums). The band are also going on a tour which you can get tickets for now if you want to go and see them. My favourite songs from this album are - Blood Like Gasoline , Outsiders , One More Weekend and Chasing Ghosts. 

5. Muncie Girls - From Caplan To Belsize 
Here we have one of my favourite albums of this year. I listen to this a lot. Once again they're another female fronted band with some proper good punk sounding  songs. I have mentioned these a few times before but honestly they're such a good band and i've listened to this album so many times. If you've not listened to this album or you haven't listened to muncie girls before you really need to ! My favourite songs from this album are : Respect , Nervous , Gone With The Wind and I Don't Want To Talk About It. 


If you haven't listened to any of these already i really can't persuade you enough to go and check these out of you haven't already as they are some really incredible albums and bands ! 

Speak soon , 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe