The Best Bands I've Seen Live

26.7.16


i've been lucky go to a lot of gigs and a festival over the years. As i don't really get out much due to being anxious all the time i find that going to gigs and festivals is something i love doing because i feel like i don't have to be so on edge and can forget about my anxiety. I already have a few more gigs to attend in the winter and next year already which is really exciting ! In this post i thought i'd share which bands i've seen that have been incredible live. I like a lot of different types of music so be prepared to be surprised. 

Muse 
I wrote an entire post about the time i went to see muse back in April. You might have caught their set at Glastonbury if you were like me and watched it from the comfort of your home. This band are incredible and are probably one of the best i have seen in a while. Their production for their UK arena tour was bonkers. I'd never been to a gig with that much production to it so for me it was pretty exciting. I had heard a lot about how good Muse are live but i was not expecting them to be that good at all. You really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Matt Bellamy's studio and live vocals because they are genuinely that incredible. 

Rudimental 
They played Isle of Wight Festival in 2014 and holy crap they really know how to get a crowd going. There was not one person stood still in the crowd at all , well as far as I'm aware. They had only released their 1st studio album around the time. Anne Marie used to be one of their touring singers and of course we saw her when Rudimental played at the festival. Her vocals live are incredible and you really need to check her out because her music is so good. 

Wolf Alice 
I'm not just saying this because they are one of my favourite bands but oh my goodness they are amazing live. I've only seen them once and hopefully i'll be seeing them again at Bestival. I was supposed to see them back in the winter but decided not to go as i wasn't feeling well which was really annoying ! They're one of those bands that you're not sure about seeing live but honestly they've been one of the best bands i have seen so far ! I think i also wrote a post about the time i went to see them so you can also read that too. 

Fleetwood Mac 
I feel so lucky that i got to see these last year as they are knocking on a bit. They had to pull out of a few gigs before playing festival last year as someone got ill and couldn't perform. From seeing Fleetwood Mac it taught me that stevie nicks is really cool and will always be really cool. She even gave Dave Grohl a shout out onstage due to his broken foot. I did have a bit of a cry when they walked onstage , it got pretty emotional to say the least. 

Twin Atlantic 
Surprise they made it. I don't think it comes as a shock to anyone that i've put these on this list. I've been lucky to see these twice now and they've been insane both times. You've probably seen the photos i shared about seeing them at this years iow festival. Its nice to hear new material too. They played no sleep and gold elephant cherry alligator when i went to see them and the songs sounded crazy good. They're going on tour this year so if you want to go and see them live for yourself then go and grab a ticket while you can because they're bound to sell out. 

Little Mix 
This is a bit of a weird one for me to be putting down on this list but their vocal ability is insane, especially while they dance around. I don't think i could multi task on that level thats for sure. They played an outdoor summer gig where i live and i wasn't going to bother going until someone asked me if i would like to go with them. From what i can remember i got waved at by one of them too as we managed to get barrier which wasn't so bad. This was my first barrier gig too which i honestly deserve a medal for staying down the front for the entire gig as thats a huge deal for someone with anxiety. I wish they'd do these outdoor gigs again as they were really good and provide entertainment for the summer as there isn't much to do on the island in the summer. 

Sterophonics 
Well i wasn't expecting them to be that good thats for sure ! I saw these once again at iow festival this year. I didn't think they would be headliner material so i wasn't sure what they would be like as headliners. They co-headlinded with faithless who i didn't go and see because i don't really like their music that much.I never stay for the dance acts in the evening anyway. Their recent album keeping the village alive is one i mentioned in my July favourites as its the perfect summer album. They played a few songs from this album and their other ones which were really cool to hear live. I'd 100% recommend going to see these if they're at a festival as they are good live. 

Twenty One Pilots 
Holy crap these two are insane. Josh and Tyler really become super popular within the past few months or so. Getting tickets to see these was actually really stressful as the tickets flew out the door really quickly. The que when i went to see these was so long it was nearly around the corner from Portsmouth Guildhall. Its the longest que i've ever been in. There live performance is insane. I have no clue how they can drum on wooden platforms being held up by people is beyond me but its also incredible. I think even if you're not a fan of their stuff you have to see them live if you ever get the chance. 

Biffy Clyro 
There is no surprise that I'm putting these on here at all as i referred myself to being number one biffy clyro trash on twitter a few weeks ago. They headlined iow festival in 2014 and i had the best time ever. They've been a band i had wanted to see for ages as i had to miss seeing them in 2012 as i felt ill when they were due onstage which was really annoying. They are easily one of my favourite bands of all time and definitely one of my favourites to see live. I'm really hoping they announce tour dates soon because i really need to see them again. 

The 1975 
Possibly one of the best bands I've seen at Isle of Wight Festival in a while. They played in 2014 and i can't wait to see them again ! I won tickets to see them on tour in December which I'm very excited about as i really wanted to see them again. It was a while ago since i last saw them but from what i can remember matt healy did multiple things that included : ripping his shirt open , lighting a cigarette onstage and also drinking a large bottle of wine onstage. This was when they only had the one album so its cool to see them grow within a few years. 


Let me know if you've seen any of these bands that i've mentioned before and what you thought of them. Apologies for the grainy photo at the top but i really wanted to include that photo. These have been a few of my favourite bands as i've seen a lot due to going to festivals so you get to see a wide variety of bands. I mean i've even seen iggy pop who was really good but also hilarious because he reminds me of pepe the prawn from the muppets ... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe