Bring Me The Horizon

14.11.16


Venue : Bournemouth International Center 
Support : Basement + Don Broco 

A while ago i booked tickets to see Bring Me The Horizon. I didn't really know what to expect as I've heard a lot about their gigs which really wasn't sure on how my anxiety would be as well they're the heaviest band I've ever seen live before but oh my god it was possibly one of the best gigs i have been to for a while. The last gig i went to was back in April so to get back into the swing of things gig wise was actually a really nice thing as festivals don't feel the same as a gig. I think with gigs its more of a special experience compared to a festival .I always get nervous before gigs and my anxiety kicks in and then makes me feel really tired. I didn't exactly feel as sleepy when bring me the horizon stepped onstage. 

Ok lets take it straight back to the start of the gig with the support acts. The first support were a band from Ipswich called Basement. Their music was alright i think you'd expect me to like it but nope it was not for me at all. I wanted to like their music but it just wasn't for me. Then came Don Broco and well needless to say i was super impressed with them. Don Broco have been a band I've wanted to see live for a while so when they announced that they would be supporting bring me the horizon i was excited to finally get to see them. They did most of the songs i like so that was an added bonus.They really know how to get a crowd going too especially for a support act. 

It was then time for Bring Me The Horizon to come onstage and holy crap from the second they walked onstage I've never felt so happy to be at a gig in all my life. The mosh pits opened and I've never seen a proper sized mosh pit that looked that scary considering the amount of gigs I've been to where a mosh pit is probably going to open up at some point. There was even a wall of death which was entertaining to watch especially when your sat on the balcony. I was absolutely blown away with how incredible the band are live as i wasn't so sure on what it was going to be like but everything from the visuals to the atmosphere was just amazing. Its definitely up there with one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I think 
one of the best songs that they played was go to hell for heavens sake as it properly got the crowd going and the mosh pits were literally everywhere at this point. 

I'd definitely recommend going to see them live if they're your sort of thing because I walked out of that venue on a complete high of excitement , happiness and amazement. I knew they were good live but not that good. It takes a lot of me to be impressed by seeing a bands live show but honestly it was one of my favourite gigs I've been to this year. I also think I made myself ill from getting excited and shouting to all the songs because what i didn't realise was that the next day I would be spending it on my sofa with my duvet feeling like I was going to be sick. Go to a gig and have fun they said it totally won't make you ill the next day ! I think the BIC was one of the smaller venues on the tour that they did but I think I would have rather seen them at the BIC than a bigger arena as it creates a better atmosphere. Anyway the gig was pretty good and I think I would definitely see bring me the horizon again.  
Speak soon , 



SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe